Plotting with Evelyn Grant aka

Started by Javia at Jun 08, 2020 3:13 AM
37 Posts

JulieS

52Years Young
93 Posts

Now that Evelyn,.Teddy and Eric have meet up again, I was thinking with them interrupting his business dinner it will tick him off (since he can't tell them to get lost in front of his companions and in public, he will have to politely tolerate them).

He'll decide to find out what the two of them have been up to over the years, so that he can use it later on if he needs to.  Of course, he will have to employ a certain private eye to do the digging.

That's my initial thought, it can be changed if need be.

Javia

55Years Young
217 Posts

Good ideas all! Yes having a private detective probing around in their less than salubrious affairs will add a nice extra danger element for Evie and Teddy. And there are plenty to choose from: Geoff Prince. Maybe Eric's friend from that cult he's secretly in, Dotty Dare, can recommend him? (just kidding! (or am I?))

Or maybe Grimscythe could resurrect Cordelia Winecroft? OR maybe Winecroft & Prince can go into partnership - that does sound like a potential situation for TV series, come to think of it!

Anyhow, I'm getting carried away again. Yes, Eric will be annoyed with Teddy especially, you're right, getting all the attentions from Peabody, who owns a prime piece of land that would nicely connect up two of Eric's holdings, but why would the incredibly rich Peabody want to sell? - only as a favour really. Hmmm,  just when Eric was getting somewhere, buttering up the Millionaire, in comes Teddy with his "ooooh, tell me about your chess sets!" routine. grrrr.

JulieS

52Years Young
93 Posts

I was thinking of Geoff Prince for the private eye.  When I finish this one and the other one I have with Eric in it, I will send him to talk to Prince.

Anybody who gets in Eric's way is a target and he will get any information he can on them for future use.

Liked 1

JulieS

52Years Young
93 Posts

I was thinking that we could have a case of history repeating itself where Eric and Evelyn are concerned.  Eric wants info about Carl's business, so he'll do anything he do whatever he needs to do to get it, including resuming their affair.  I'm guessing on Evelyn's side it will be for different reasons.

Eventually, Eric will drop Evelyn again, most probably when he realises he's actually falling in love with Faith or he's gotten what he wants or he tires off her (I'll pick one out later).

BTW - there will be no need to go into details of their dalliances, I think alluding or hinting to it is the way to go (let the readers imagine it for themselves).

Javia

55Years Young
217 Posts

Sounds like a good plan! Once you start writing it though, who knows? I find these characters sometimes have a will of their own which goes against our 'best laid plans'.

I'm not keen on writing sex scenes myself, so I concur with the last bit. You can always have a post-match critical commentary, that's much more fun!

Bailey

21Years Young
139 Posts

Sounds perfect. I love Eric so much already. He's the perfect foil for Evelyn, and he's going to have the upper hand in this business, I think (since he's not really interested in her and she's smitten again, even though she's trying to use him to her advantage.)

JulieS

52Years Young
93 Posts

Eric keeping his hold on her until he has no further use for her is the option I am leaning towards.  He may not even end up with Faith, who I will pair off with someone eventually, just don't know who it is yet (it may even be Mark) or Eric could end up with Victoria again - all possibilities.

I think Teddy might not be too happy with his sister going after her old boyfriend as it will disrupt their plains to get the Whaley inheritance but he may relent when he find outs Eric is rich and single.

Eric will still go ahead with his plan to have Teddy and Evelyn investigated...just in case ;)