Plotting with Jack Finch

Started by Whizzer at Mar 29, 2020 6:43 PM
7 Posts

Whizzer

court jester
19Years Young
11 Posts

the internet is for cat pictures

Looking for any kind of plots, interaction, whatever with my boy Jack Finch.

Compared to a lot of people here, Jack is just a normal man trying to get by and survive. However, looking past the surface, you can see that he is nowhere as innocent or regular as it may seem at first. While he is no doubt an honest man at times, Jack mostly deals in crime. Petty thievery, pickpocketing, the like. Though he's a criminal, he's tried to steer clear of the mafia and whatever infighting there is there. But considering he's perhaps not the most careful person, and sometimes his curiosity and thrill-seeking ways get the best of him, he isn't always the best at avoiding confrontation and problems.

Jack served (albeit reluctantly) for a bit during World War 1. However, call him a veteran or thank him for his service and he's likely to curse you out, or if he's in a shit mood, try and stab you. But the latter is very unlikely. Jack is vehemently anti-war (though mostly for selfish reasons, rather than actual moral ones) and often finds himself at an impasse when conversing with people who do not hold the same opinion.

At the end of the day, he's just a guy. Living a somewhat regular life. Though he's kind of given up on everything some time ago, he still seeks some kind of thrill and excitement — whether that be by having careless sex and affairs, being a bit too reckless when doing illegal things, or just sticking his nose in places he doesn't belong. And none of those things are bound to turn out well for him.

Jack finds it easy to get along with most people, and is friendly enough (once you get past the surface) that most probably won't really have a problem with him. However, he is also really critical, and very likely to jump on someone's throat for even small mistakes and wrongdoings.

wow that was long lol. anyways if you think your character and jack should interact then feel free to post below!!

Cat's Meow! 1

Wayfarer

39Years Young
307 Posts

Well, since he likes to stick his nose in things, I got an idea. Real soon, there is going to be a murder. A mob hit. Flip's Michael O'Rourke is going to set up another Irish gangster for the kill and one of my chars, Albert Brazaga, is going to do the deed.

Maybe your guy is a witness to it? Inadvertently or however you want it. But it would put him in a tight spot especially if he starts worrying if the killer(s) find out he saw.

This is Albert, just your typical sociopath.

Whizzer

court jester
19Years Young
11 Posts

ohhh that certainly sounds interesting! i think it'd pretty much be equally likely for jack to witness the murder by accident, or purposefully go and seek it out, so i can try and figure that specific thing out in a bit. but yeah i'm totally for him being a witness to a murder, really! seems like an interesting thing to happen ngl. and would definitely start off jack's character development with a bang

Wayfarer

39Years Young
307 Posts

OK, sounds good. I will keep you informed then. First Flip's O'Rourke has to make contact with the victim and set him up. Then phone Albert.

The murder will take place in a watchmaker's shop FYI.

Liked 1

Stormwolfe

62Years Young
96 Posts

None of us are here...

I saw Wayfie's ideas - awesome, by the way...

If you want Jack to get to a position where he can mix and mingle more easily, maybe Jessica MacLeod is in the area. Doesn't witness anything but encounters a worried/frightened Jack. Says she knows where to hide him out and takes him back to the Chanteuse. She would know how to avoid the Club Lorelei patrons and her brothers. Could hide him out in an empty stateroom.

From there, he can become an accidental stowaway. Jess can help him get a job at the club... 

And he can have an in that way or they can just become friends. If you do want him to wind up working at the club, doesn't mean his only thread would be on the ship. Whenever you get a storyline off-ship, just go for it. He can have time off or whatever is needed.

Of course, need Wayfarer's okay to involve Jessica in the plot he suggested.

Whizzer

court jester
19Years Young
11 Posts

yesss i love these ideas so much and am all in for them....id imagine jack would be pretty shaken up after, y'know, witnessing a Murder so he would definitely probably just go with whatever jessica has in mind, even if only temporarily. i'm not sure yet whether i'd like him to end up working at the club or not but i'm sure i'll figure it out soon!! i'm all for these plots, provided that wayfairer is as well, of course! i wouldn't want to do insert anything into their plot without their okay

Liked 1

Wayfarer

39Years Young
307 Posts

I'm fine with whatever you two set up.

Liked 1