Plotting with Mark Carson

Started by JulieS at Mar 27, 2020 10:08 PM
5 Posts

JulieS

?Years Young
59 Posts

Mark Carson is one of the good guys.  Sent down to Miami to deal with the growing problem by the Bureau of Investigation (predecessor to the F.B.I.).  He was handpicked by J. Edgar Hoover (at that time Deputy Director) due to his good character and record.

He arrived in Miami in early December 1923 and has been getting the lay of the land, finding out who is who and what is what.  He is due to report to the Bureau's Miami office on Monday 14 January 1924 (this can change).

What Mark doesn't know is that he has family in Miami, namely a father, two brothers and a sister (the MacLeods) but in the future he will find out, which will present a few problems of his own.  Even after he finds out, he will stay on the right side (integrity is one of strong points).  However, he will be faced with moral dilemmas from time to time.

Mark's first official task will be to create a team (sort of like The Untouchables) to investigate crime in Miami.  Even though Mark will try to pick good and honest men, there is scope for having someone eventually crossing the line.

If you are interested helping fight crime in Miami or just want to interact with Mark for whatever reason just let me know.

Liked 1

Stormwolfe

62Years Young
87 Posts

None of us are here...

@[JulieS]

Longshot

A thought of how the brothers might get closer - friendship and familial-wise. This plot will probably have to run a little later in the game year...

Lucian and J.D. get word from one of their sources that a federal agent is going to be whacked. The source does not know who is planning the hit, but he or she does know the place and time (a boardwalk diner on X date). They manage to get there in time to intervene and, of course, throw in on Mark's side to nail the baddies.

This can lead into a plot that Longshot and I were discussing. It involves an unknown person but one who is very powerful, possibly high-up in government, that feels Liam has gotten to close to his nefarious operations. He might even have pulled a few strings to get Mark sent to Miami (he's like Liam, his secrets have secrets). Anyway, this person's outfit works in the shadows, usually making anything they do look like it was coming from somewhere else. They will start making strikes at Liam's children and those close to Liam... They want Liam gone, but they also want his hidden millions/billions and businesses. So, it's a pressure campaign.

Of course, Mark's involvement is entirely optional.

Liked 1

JulieS

?Years Young
59 Posts

Getting Mark dragged into this sounds logical.  It will give him a reason to work with his family and strengthen the bond between them.  This in turn, will make his job harder.

Liked 1

Stormwolfe

62Years Young
87 Posts

None of us are here...

JulieS

Had a thought regarding a friendship between Mark and Althea (just friends). With her skills, perhaps the Brits used her for documents when needed for certain assets. Documentation to support an asset's legend (undercover identity). The Brits attitude is, "We can't catch her, we might as well make use of her."

Thought this might play in to Mark's later storyline.

JulieS

?Years Young
59 Posts

Stormwolfe - That sounds okay.

I was tossing up whether or not to get Mark and Victoria involved romantically but now that I have created a new character (Eric Richards), I am starting to lean towards Eric and Victoria.  So, there is a possibility of a romance now if it plays in the story.

Liked 1