Plans and Follow Through

Started by Raken Petrroff at Oct 02, 2021 9:28 AM
8 Posts

Raken Petrroff

?Years Young
39 Posts

"I could be just around the corner from Heaven, or, a mile from Hell."

Jackson Browne 1974

Raken arrived home just before dark, he entered the house and immediately sought out Titus Curtiz, whom he found in the living room, reading the Miami Daily News and Reporter an evening habit of his with a glass of wine. "Ah, Raken, you're back, hopefully, all went well?"

"Indeed," Raken stated with a wide smile. "A new opportunity is at hand for us. I will portray a Japanese, I'm told. They are hoping that you can be convinced to portray an artifact collector, Asian and Japanese, though it seems they are actually one and the same." He took a seat in a wingback chair and continued.

"I have had the most extraordinary adventure. As you know I was to go to Chinese Charlies and attempt to gain some information for Eyan Manchu. Well, not only was I successful in that I rescued a girl, a seeming prostitute but one with information. Well, she was far more than that I tell you. Her name is  Mudanchun, Eighth Great Grandaughter of the Consort Lu, Consort to the Xianfeng Emperor. So how's that for an evening's work?"

Titus sat up straight, the newspaper slipping from his fingers as Raken related his tale. "You don't say. Now that was an adventure, and it would appear that there is more to come. Of course, I will participate in whatever role is required of me, though artifact collector is assuredly perfect." He was smiling. "So elaborate on the Japanese angle, please."

TBC

Loved 1

Eyun Manchu

Shèngrén, or Chinese holy man
?Years Young
30 Posts

Time, of course, will tell in all things.

The evening filled the air with night sounds, crickets chirping, the breeze had picked up some as Eyun sat in the garden enjoying the peace and quiet. Petrroff was gone now, and he was sure that by then Mundanchun had finished her bath, so on old legs he got to his feet and made his way into the building, mounting the staircase to the upper level where there were apartments for Hong Xiu and the staff, as well as for guests who did avail themselves of the comforts afforded by the hostel.

He rapped o the door of the room she would be in, a voice beckoned him to enter, that of the servant woman. Mundanchun, now dressed in silken robes with a pair of servants tending to her hair and fingernails while she reclined.

"Forgive the intrusion Mundanchu, I simply wanted to ensure all is well with you." He began, "I am sorry that plans were a bit rushed without taking into account how tired you must be. We will make the trip to the Island of the Zhu in the morning, after a good night's sleep. Should you desire anything, anything at all, simply ask, and it will be afforded to you."

"Again, my apologies for my thoughtless behaviour. I will leave you now. As they say, good night, pleasant dreams." He bowed and backed to the door, turned and disappeared through the doorway, closing it behind him.

Two doors down was Hong Xiu's apartment, the largest of them, as he had a wife, his children grown and gone on to their own lives within the community. He rapped on the oak door softly. It was opened by Hong himself.

"How may I be of service Shèngrén?" He asked.

"A communique to the Zhu, letting him know I and both Mundanchu and Raken Petrroff will be traveling to the island in the morning."

"Yes, Shèngrén, immediately." Hong said, bowing as he backed toward the ornate cabinet that housed the shortwave radio that was used to send messages to the island, as well as other places.

"Thank you Hong, I shall let myself out. It has been a long day." And with that, he left, as Hong began the coded message to Zhu's private island.

Loved 1

Mudanchun (aka "Ling-Ling")

Oriental Beauty
?Years Young
18 Posts

"I am Mudanchun of the Yehe Nara clan belonging to the Plain White Banner!" she declared, her little fists balling as she dredged up who she was or, at least, who she had once been. 

He rapped o the door of the room she would be in, a voice beckoned him to enter, that of the servant woman. Mundanchun, now dressed in silken robes with a pair of servants tending to her hair and fingernails while she reclined.

At last! She had been waiting a good forty five minutes like this in a hope of a visit from the old man. Now he was here and she was, of course, positioned and clad exactly as she wanted to be. The servant girls kow-towed immediately, of course. she allowed them to finish her obeisance, feigning surprise at this entry to explain the delay, and then virtually threw herself at his feet, her robes gaping open seductively and displaying a goodly expanse of her firm young breasts.

"Forgive the intrusion Mundanchu, I simply wanted to ensure all is well with you." He began, "I am sorry that plans were a bit rushed without taking into account how tired you must be. We will make the trip to the Island of the Zhu in the morning, after a good night's sleep. Should you desire anything, anything at all, simply ask, and it will be afforded to you."

"Great Sage, Equal of heaven: you have already afforded me my heart's one desire with your most welcome visit to my chamber." she cooed before sitting back up and blinking up sweetly at him. The coarse Western makeup had been scrubbed from her face and the more traditional paint of the Manchu court applied.

"Again, my apologies for my thoughtless behaviour. I will leave you now. As they say, good night, pleasant dreams." He bowed and backed to the door, turned and disappeared through the doorway, closing it behind him.

"If I dream of my saviour, the most illustrious Eyun Manchu, then my dreams will be most pleasant indeed!" she declared, touching the ground with her forehead once more, with enough languor to ensure that even his feeble old eyes got another good look at her pale and dainty chest ornaments.

Even though the man was of great age, he was still clearly possessed of a great natural virility: there was little doubt in Mudanchun's mind that he retained that youthful energy by certain practices known only to the Taoist Masters which, through careful nurturing of the two opposing powers of the Universe, ensured a perfect balance of Yin and Yang. The Yang was the abundant product of his own male nature, the Yin, she could supply in spades!

Raken Petrroff

?Years Young
39 Posts

Jackson Browne 1974

Titus sat up straight, the newspaper slipping from his fingers as Raken related his tale. "You don't say. Now that was an adventure, and it would appear that there is more to come. Of course, I will participate in whatever role is required of me, though artifact collector is assuredly perfect." He was smiling. "So elaborate on the Japanese angle, please."

"Well, you are of course well aware of the Japanese incursions into China and their disdain for its people. Well, we have Mundanchun, who with Eyun Manchu, and you and I, will attempt to see what can be learned about the Japanese purpose in the United States, since they are here and well, there will be friction.

Now, Mundanchun will portray a Chinese princess visiting the country. Knowing the Nips and tn their obsequious politeness, they will surely wish to make overtures to the princess. They will have me altered to appear Japanese, acting as her interpreter, you, of course, will simply be who you are, an Asian antiquities collector. Plans for who will portray her bodyguard have yet to be decided. Though I have a good idea who will be selected. To this point that really is all I know. This should be exciting if nothing else." Raken's tale was enticing, though hardly necessary to the Professor.

"I would like to know if you might have information about Miss Betty Wu, we've not seen her about campus recently, and is generating some concern. Her name appeared in the papers along with a policeman, well, near the end of the article regarding a kidnapping, or something of that sort."

"Yes yes, the very reason I was at Chinese Charlies last evening. But no, I learned nothing. The girl, Mundanchun was feeding me information regarding something called the Organisation and did mention the abductions, but that was as much as I was able to get. Perhaps tomorrow when we go out to some island I can question her about Miss Wu." He explained. "I am exhausted, and I am sorry to have left you on your own, but, looking ahead, I think WE will enjoy what is coming.

Eyun Manchu

?Years Young
30 Posts

Leaving the chamber he had not missed the display of her body to him, she would need to refrain from such indecent behaviour, she was of royal blood and would be required to act as such, or the possibility of incurring the wrath of the Zhu who was of royal blood himself, and had great disdain for such behaviour in anyone.

The trip to the island would be a welcome relief from life o the mainland, where all was proper and as it should be. He smiled as he padded along the hallway to his quarters. Opening the door, he was greeted by a pair of consorts dressed in silken robes. He smiled. Perhaps life here was not all that bad. The consorts approached to prepare him for bed, shedding their own robes as they came.

Loved 1

Mudanchun (aka "Ling-Ling")

Oriental Beauty
?Years Young
18 Posts

"I am Mudanchun of the Yehe Nara clan belonging to the Plain White Banner!" she declared, her little fists balling as she dredged up who she was or, at least, who she had once been. 

As she lay beneath the finely spun silken cover of her bed (still too heavy in this Florida heat) Mudanchun considered.

It mattered not that Eyun Manchu had rejected her subtle offer of her young and comely body for his bed, she had made the offer, as was only polite now that he was her protector, and that was what mattered. It was hardly surprising that she had been rejected: she was polluted: not just physically befouled by the Japanese and Western men who had used her; but morally too. She should have hanged herself with a white silken scarf when she was captured. That she had failed to do that, to have turned herself in to a lonely, but honorable, wandering ghost, was a stain on her honor and that of her ancestors.

But she had made a vow to Tara. Tara, the female bodhisattva of Mahayana Buddhism, the merciful Queen of Heaven. She would kill as many of the hated Japanese and send them to Hell before she, too, was killed and joined them there.

Raken Petrroff

?Years Young
39 Posts

Jackson Browne 1974

the light of dawn was breaking as Raken and Professor Curtiz walked to their automobile when a dark sedan pulled up and the friendly face of Li Quang was seen as the man leaned toward the open passenger door window and called out. "Come, I was sent for you."

Raken and the Professor moved quickly to the automobile, opened the rear door and both got in. "I did not know you would come for us," Raken said as he settled in and Li Quang pulled away from the curb.

There are those that hunt for you from Chinese Charlies this morning, though they do not know who you are or where you live. This is merely a precaution Eyun Manchu has taken. He has sent our friend Chen Long to see what progress these incompetents may have made." It was clear that Li Quang had no love for whoever it was that searched for Raken, and the girl of course. Property was, after all, property.

Raken smiled, "I would not care to be 'them', whoever 'them' are. Mister Long can be quite intimidating."

"Lethal would be a more accurate term, Mister Petrroff." Came the driver's response. "He will not be alone in his search."

Raken sat back a smile on his face. The Professor sat back as well enjoying the drive.

TBC

Eyun Manchu

?Years Young
30 Posts

He came unannounced, though Munanchun had been awakened and would be presentable by the time of his arrival. He stepped through the door and flashed a rare smile.

"My child, I appreciate the offer of your company, and at some point, I would be honored to welcome you to my bed. I fully understand that it is expected of me to do so, however, for the time being, I wish you to consider what you are about to become." He paused a moment, then continued, "A princess. A woman of noble blood, birth, and lineage. For that, we shall want you to be exactly that, not a consort, or a concubine indebted to anyone for anything. Your past life and indiscretions shall be wiped clean from this moment forward, and Princess Mundunchun shall assume her place."

"Those with knowledge of your recent past will no longer pose a threat to you. The fear of exposure shall be non-existent before the day is finished, of that you may rely upon. Measures are being taken even as I speak to you of it. So, my Princess, we will meet Mister Petrroff and his employer and friend, Professor Curtiz at the docks where a launch awaits us."