The Florida coastal city of Miami is growing at a rapid rate. The city's economy is fueled by new arrivals, the booming real estate market, and an influx of money and crime. The Eighteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States (ratified on January 16, 1919) and the Volstead Act (October 28, 1919, and January 17, 1920) was supposed to make the United States a dry nation. Instead, it made it thirstier and paved the way for crime and corruption to flourish. Moonshining, bootlegging, smuggling, illegal bars (speakeasies), and a big appetite for having a good time meant that crime certainly paid and paid well. It was the beginning of organized gangs of criminals (the Mob), and extreme corruption in law enforcement and various government agencies.
It wasn't called the Roaring Twenties for nothing.
Here is your chance to step back in time and roleplay with other fans of this fascinating era in the American experience. A wide range of roles is available. Gangster, copper, flapper, news reporter, private eye, Fed, thief, con man, gambler, jazz musician, nightclub singer, and just ordinary folk caught up in it all - all these and even more await you.
While it is a historical-based RPG, we are not sticklers for exact history. We are more concerned with making our own fictional stories than being chained to actual events. We are going for the atmosphere, not nit-picking the details. That said, we expect our players to try as much as possible to keep their characters, their possessions, and their attitudes fitting into the 1920s, not the 21st Century. Google is your friend if you aren't sure and always feel free to ask us if you have questions.
If you're still reading this and this sounds like your kind of game, please join us, we'd love to have you. And you may well find we are the Cat's Pajamas!
Keep reading to find out how to join the RPG!
Welcome to Smuggler's Blues! We are glad you have decided to join our 1920s prohibition era RPG. It is important that you read and follow the instructions in this document. Before continuing and registering your account, please read our site's Rules.
- Click on the Register link at the top of the site. If you are using a mobile device, you will need to click on the mobile menu icon (3 bars).
- Username: This is your secret login name. We advise that you make this different from your Displayed Name.
- Displayed Name: This is the name that you want everyone to know and see on the site, in Discord, etc.
- Password: Create a secure and easy to remember password.
- Password Again: Input your password a second time to verify it.
- reCaptcha: Click the I am not a Robot box.
- Submit: Click submit to register your account.
Note: We do not collect email addresses. You will need to log into the site to see post alerts or join our Discord server which is integrated with our site. New posts, news alerts, etc., are posted in our Discord channels.
OOC Profile Completion
It is important that you complete your OOC profile. This is how other members will know your writing limits and where you enable or disable mature content display. It is smart to save your profile as you complete each tab!
- Click on your Displayed Name.
- Choose Edit Profile.
- Go through each tab and complete as much information as you deem relevant.
In order to view content that members have marked as Mature, you need to do two things in your profile.
- Settings Tab: If you wish to view mature content, click the Mature Content toggle (it is disabled by default).
- Profile Tab: Enter your birthdate. Our site is 18+. You can choose not to show the date by clicking Hide my birthdate from others on the Settings tab.
- Set your timezone.
- Choose your theme (Note: This can also be done on the forum’s main page).
- Display Mature Content: Enable this is you wish to be able to read and write mature content posts. You must also set a birthdate for this feature to work.
- Automatically follow content I post or reply to: Set this to on to be automatically subscribed to your content. You can also manually Follow posts and forums.
- Hide my birthdate from others: Enable this to hide your birthdate in posts.
- Allow non-staff to directly message me: Turn this on to allow other members to PM you.
Password & Recovery
- Important! Under the Password & Recovery tab, you need to select your Password Recovery Question and Answer. Due to a system bug, you may have to input the answer more than once. Save and make sure it says A recovery answer is stored.
- Personal Quote (Optional): This is a short blurb or saying that will show at the top of your OOC posts.
- Birthdate: Honestly, we do not care if you enter correct month and day. However, the year needs to be correct in order for you to view all board content. This setting works in conjunction with the Mature Content toggle on the Settings tab.
- Gender: Optional.
- Contact Details: Optional.
- About Me (Required, Free Form): If there is anything you want us to know about you, put it here. We are looking for things like your writing limits, how often you post, your plot goals, etc.
- 250 x 250 square (1:1 ratio): This is the image that appears in various locations around the site.
- 250 x 350 (portrait): This is the image that will appear in your posts.