Liam Angus MacLeod was born in a small fishing village on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. As the son of a fisherman, he enjoyed and even thrived by being on the sea, but he wanted more from life.
1877 (a. 16)
- Immigrates to the United States.
- Takes a job on the Sally Anne, a merchant marine vessel.
1881 (a. 20)
- After four years with the Sally Anne, Liam took a job as First Mate on the Flying Bess.
- Spends the next few years sailing between the United States and various locations in the South Pacific.
- Starts accruing real-estate and other investments.
1884 (a. 23)
- Liam manages to turn some of his investments into a ship of his own, the Sylph, which was registered out of Manila, Philippines.
- Meets Isabella de Sylva y Navarro, the daughter of a wealthy coffee plantation owner. Six months later they were married.
1886 (a. 25)
- Liam and Isabella welcome their son, Lucian Xavier MacLeod, into the world. Liam still puts out to sea, but not as often. He is happy learning the coffee business, raising his son, and coming home to his lovely wife.
1887 (a. 26)
- While handling Bella Mara business in New Orleans, Liam meets and begins an affair with Antoinette Duquesne. Upon learning of her pregnancy, the Duquesne family takes action to remove Liam from the picture. Unable to fight them, Liam returns to his wife in the Philippines. He does stay in touch with Antoinette (secretly) and keeps tab on their son over the years.
1891 (a. 30)
- Returns home after a short trip to a nearby island to find Isabella and Lucian ill with malaria. Lucian soon recovers, but Isabella succumbs to the fever and dies from complications. Devastated over her death, Liam leaves Lucian with Isabella's parents and returns to the sea.
- A still grieving Liam meets Anna Carson in San Francisco and becomes involved with her. When she becomes pregnant, Liam tells her that he cannot marry again so soon after Isabella's death. However, he is more than willing to help support her and their child. Anna departs for Vancouver, Canada and Liam returns to the sea.
1892 to 1918 (a. 31-57)
- Recognizing Miami's growth potential, Liam makes that city his base of operations. For the next twenty-seven years, he works at growing his shipping line and invests in building hotels on the Florida coasts and in the Caribbean. It is generally known that when Liam MacLeod wants a piece of real-estate, he gets it. There are suspicions that he is not the upstanding citizen he appears to be, but there is no proof of criminal activity.
- 1904: Meets Boston socialite, Claudia Farrell, while she and her family are vacationing in Miami. They elope soon after beginning an affair. Their relationship is tumultuous since Liam has issues with monogamy. However, he settles down when Claudia announces that she is pregnant. He is determined to be part of this child's life.
- 1906 (a. 45): Daughter, Jessica Alafair MacLeod, is born.
1919 (a. 58)
- Liam summons sons to Miami to discuss their future. He informs them that if they want their inheritance, they need to relocate to Miami and start learning the family business. One of their first tasks will be to take one of his retired ships, a small ocean-liner, and make it into a viable dinner and nightclub (i.e. a speakeasy).
1924 (a. 63)
- Liam's business activities are coming under scrutiny and attack from an unknown source. He turns to his sons to solve the issue.
- He still serves as the President and CEO of MacLeod Enterprises, Ltd. However, most of the face-to-face business is conducted by his Chief Operations Officer, Rhys Tregarth.
Romanctic Status: Divorced
- Isabella de Sylva y Navarro (Spanish; DOD: 1891)
- Children: Lucian Xavier MacLeod (b. 03/31/1886)
- Claudia Farrell (American; Divorced: 1923)
- Children: Jessica Faye MacLeod (b. 01/01/1906)
Former Romantic Liaisons
- Antoinette Duquesne (1887)
- Children: Jameson Dalton MacLeod (b. 06/30/1888)
- Anna Carson (1891)
- Children: Mark Carson (DOB: 04/25/1892)