1892 - 1910
Born to Maynard and Esther Talbot in Tampa, Florida. she is the youngest of 3 (two older brothers, Lucas and Jerome)
Maynard Talbot owns two drugstores in Tampa and invests his money in property and other businesses in both Tampa and Miami over the years. The family eventually rises to the upper middle class in Tampa, which allows Faith to graduate from high school in 1909.
1910 - 1913
Attends Florida State College for Women, where she studies history.
1913 - 1919
Goes to England to continue her studies and gets a job as secretary to a history professor at Cambridge. At the beginning of the war in 1914, she decides to stay in England and help with the war effort mainly with Red Cross working parties while continuing to work. In early 1916, she gets married to an English soldier, Edward Denton. Denton is killed during the Battle of the Somme, a few months later.
1919 - 1924
Faith returns to the USA and works for her father. Her brothers, Lucas (a school teacher) and Jerome (a banker) have no interest in taking over the family business and she ends up taking over when her father's health begins to deteriorate.
Things become worse when her mother is killed in a car accident in 1922. Her father hangs for another for another year or so and dies in March 1923. Her father's estate is divided between three Talbot children. They eventually agree to sell the drugstores and liquidate most of the investments, except for some property which Faith decides to keep in Tampa and Miami.
Strengths and Weaknesses (depending on the situation)
- Reliable and patient
- Imaginative and observant
- Loyal and hard-working
- Sometimes can take things too personally and/or repress her feelings.
- Faith is a protestant Christian and tries to live accordingly.
- She is very cautious where men are concerned.
- Her main income is from her share of the inheritance, which is slightly smaller than her brothers since she decided to take property instead of cash. The cash she did receive, she re-invested.
- Having an income, allows her to continue to pursue her love of history. She plans to write historical books and is in process of researching her first historical novel.
- Residence: Martina Apartments complex on South Miami Avenue in Brickell